CURRENT POSITION AVAILABLE:
Operations & E-commerce Assistant
We are currently looking for a highly-motivated and talented female surfer to join Salt Gypsy HQ in the Byron Bay region.
About the business and the role
Salt Gypsy® is a Byron Bay-based women's surf company. We're a small, established eCommerce and wholesale business dedicated to providing high-quality women's surfwear and customer service.
As a small business our processes are continually being refined to ensure we go that extra mile for our customers. This position offers a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate interested in independent women's surf culture and looking to grow with a small business, step up to the challenge and take ownership of the role.
We are currently experiencing unprecedented growth, therefore the position requires a highly flexible individual (who can adapt to the dynamic and and changing nature of a rapidly growing eCommerce business) with an exceptional creative eye. You have a passion for quality, the ability to confidently and proactively solve problems and provide solutions that align with our company values, business procedures and customer care policy. You will learn about women's surfwear production, quality control procedures and daily operations. It will be your responsibility to ensure process is followed and loose ends are tied up.
Full training will be provided across customer service, order management, shipping, inventory management and quality control. You will be expected to make decisions to manage and prevent future issues arising, to offer solutions to customers and maximise opportunities for the business.
This is a fast-paced trainee role for someone that can confidently prioritise and be comfortable with an ever changing workload. You are an efficient, detail driven person interested in developing a career in women's independent surf culture and small business; learning and being exposed to all aspects of what's required to manage and operate the business.
You must be able and confident to work independently in a very small team, and also work unsupervised. You will be supporting and working directly alongside the company director.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Management of customer enquiries and online orders
- Exceptional written communication via email
- A clear grasp and understanding of our brand; who we are, who our customer is and what our goals are.
- Processing domestic online retail and wholesale orders with Australia Post (e-Parcel & StarShipIt systems)
- Processing international online retail and wholesale orders with DHL (StarShipIt system)
- Managing all domestic/international returns, exchanges, lost/missing orders
- Communication with key account managers Australia Post, DHL & StarShipIt
- Accepting and reconciling bulk production orders
- Fulfilling export documentation for wholesale orders
- Inventory management for both online and wholesale customers
- Polybag packing of wholesale orders
- Consolidating and moving stock where necessary to maximise sales opportunities
- Monthly stocktake
- QC bulk production – meticulous attention to detail required
- QC across packaging and marketing materials
Website Product Information
- Creating and uploading website product information for retail and wholesale
- Sending and managing assets
- General administration
- Ordering office consumables
- Managing stock levels for packaging and marketing materials
- Ad hoc duties
Skills and experience
Attitude and value-alignment is the basis for all success. If you have a can-do attitude, are able to communicate effectively, and enjoy being part of a small, motivated team working remotely and growing a business that thrives, we would love to meet you.
The role is intensive and varied with many opportunities for growth, development and cross-training.
- Very strong customer service ethic, willing to go the extra mile
- A serious eye for detail at all times
- Flexible - things change. All the time
- A professional communicator that understands our company culture and values
- Ability to follow process and take ownership of tasks
- Ability to analyse and forecast ensuring decisions made have a positive flow-on effect for the business/customer
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), Google Docs and Shopify
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Great time management with the ability to prioritise and structure your daily workload
- Proficient Mac user
- A proactive problem solver
- A positive attitude
- Passionate about sustainability, our core values and business ethics
Job benefits and perks
- We expect you to surf when it's pumping
- Training of our online operating systems (Shopify, Tradegecko inventory management, StarShipIt, Xero, Google Drive, Dropbox, social media management)
- Insight across all facets of operating a small business
- Flexible shifts - predominantly morning-based and occasional full days
- Byron Bay-based
- Opportunity to utilise your talents and gain experience
To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience and why you're the right person for the role. ***Applications without a cover letter will not be considered***
This position is initially casual part-time (15-20 hours a week - 3-4 mornings) with the opportunity to grow into a fulltime position with our company.
Must be permanent Australian resident with references provided.
Applications close Monday 20th November. Interviews with short-listed candidates will be held from Tuesday 21st November.
Must be available to start immediately.
Contact Us - email@example.com
Salt Gypsy® is dedicated to driving change by designing thoughtful & unique women's surfwear, providing exceptional service to our customers and implementing responsible business practices into our company.
Our responsibility goes further than just sustainable materials: it spans across our entire production process, our office and our home life.
Our product line is responsibly produced in Australia. We offset the energy consumption of our manufacturing through the Encouraging Renewable Energy Group. We use biodegradable packaging and our marketing materials are printed on 100% recycled card & paper (also recyclable).
Our mission is to celebrate female surf diversity, athleticism and style in the lineup. We believe sustainability is the future.
Join us in building the kind of women's surf company we simply wish existed.